January News Quiz 2014
- In what province is Galway?
- On what date in January was the Epiphany celebrated?
- How many days in the month of January?
- In what county is Tramore?
- Name the former member ofWestlife who is now a judge on “The Voice of Ireland”?
- In the Chinese calendar, this year is represented by what animal?
- The present Junior Cert is to be replaced by the JCSA. What do these letters JCSA stand for?
- What is Michael D. Higgin’s wife’s name?
- What was the name of the panto in the Watergate earlier this month?
- Michael Schumacher is still in a medically induced coma, following a skiing accident in France. With what sport do you associate Schumacher?
- What was the name of the new pedestrian bridge spanning the river Nore?
- What former international rugby player is known by the nickname ROG?
- In what city was the Australian Open tennis tournament played?
- What singer is to perform five concerts in Croke Park this July?
- What is the name of the French president?
- Name the Kilkenny man who is the current minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government?
- It was announced that VHI is to increase its premiums for subscribers. What does VHI provide for subscribers?
- What “p” word is a document that you need in order to gain entry into another country?
- Who did Kilkenny beat in the final of the Walsh Cup?
- Who did Ireland beat in their opening match of the RBS Six Nations on Sunday?
1 Connacht 6 horse 11 Lady Desart Bridge 16 Phil Hogan
2 6th 7 Junior Cycle Student Award 12 Ronan O Gara 17 Health insurance
3 31 8 Sabina 13 Melbourne 18 passport
4 Waterford 9 Tarzan 14 Garth Brooks 19 Dublin
5 Cian Egan 10 Formula 1 Car racing 15 Hollande 20 Scotland