June Information Sheet 2016
Dates to Remember:
Tonight Monday 27th 6th Class Graduation Mass 8pm Hall
Thursday June 30th. School closes 12 noon for pupils. Summer Holidays begin!
Thursday September 1st. School re-opens for 2016/2017
School closes 12 noon for pupils.
As per school policy, pupils are not allowed to bring phones, tablets etc in when toys/games are allowed. This also includes 6th class pupils in their final days here. For everyone’s sake, we will not be allowing videos, snapshots etc to be taken in school.
All book lists for Sept. will be given out this week. There are copies on the website should you need them. We have increased the number of books on the Rental Scheme by including the new Maths book from 4th -6th and the new Irish book from 3rd -6th. Please encourage your children to keep these books in good condition. Fines will be applied next June. As notified on the book lists, we will be setting up an online payment system linked to our data base over the summer. It should be up and running by the end of August. I will email you with details at that time.
Book Rental Scheme/Book Support Service
Pupils availing of this scheme will be given a separate note with all details tomorrow. Expenses may be paid and books collected in the foyer either Monday or Tuesday July 4th & 5th or Monday and Tuesday August 29th & 30th 11am to 1pm.
This year the uniform sale will be held in conjunction with the Book Support Service Collection times and uniforms will be on sale July 4th &5th and August 29th & 30th at the times above.
School Activities Update.
During the next couple of weeks, I will be uploading articles on the website on the various activities and achievements during the 2015/2016 school year .
Congratulations to our teams who won the girls’, boys’ and overall school prize. Thank you to Mr Hanrick for co-ordinating this event.
* Our A hurlers who won the A Final V Graiguenamanagh.
* Our A camogies who won the A final v Kilmanagh.
* Our B hurling panel who reached the D final but lost to Windgap.
* Our B camogie Panel who again reached the D final but lost to Tullogher.
* All who competed in the Senior Sports’ day in Scanlon Park. Angela Carroll was Junior Athlete and Mikey Raggett the Senior Athlete of the meet.
* The medals for the finals will be presented by Cillian Buckley.
* Look out for _Cillian Hackett, Asha McHardy, Harry Shine and Amy Clifford who will all represent Kilkenny in Croke Park at various championship matches during the summer.
As year end approaches, as usual, we will have an amnesty on missing property. If you have or find any school items in your house-jerseys, beanbags, books etc I would be grateful if you could drop them back to reception-no questions asked!!
Finally please collect all lost property items and remind your child to bring home bags, books, lunch boxes, jackets, gear etc by the end of term. Items remaining will be donated to a charity shop in the summer clear out.