October News Quiz 2013
- On what date does Halloween fall?
- The World Championships in amateur boxing are taking place presently in Kazakhstan’s Amalty. In amateur boxing, the corners occupied by the boxers are what two colours?
- Who is the Minister for Finance?
- Sicily is an island off the coast of what country?
- What “b” word means a spending plan?
- Who are the new sponsors of the Dublin’s GAA teams?
- What two clubs will contest the Kilkenny Senior county hurling final on Sunday?
- The Booker prize is awarded in....... a) art b) literature c)sculptor
- Two Kilkenny restaurants were awarded a Michelin star. Name either of them.
- What past pupil of St. Canice’s Co-Ed. P.S. won medals at The World Dwarf Games in Michigan this year and in doing so set two new world records?.
- In what county is Bandon?
- What famous Irish twins celebrated their 22nd birthday on the 16th of October?
- Who is the Minister for Health?
- Sydney is a city in what Australian province?
- Who is the leader of the Fianna Fáil party?
- Name the Irish race walker whose world championship gold medal was stolen from his car in Dublin during the week.
- Name a state in the U.S.A. that starts with the letter N and ends in the letter A?
- He was christened on Wednesday and is third in line to the British throne. What is the name of this young prince?
- Who is the patron saint of lost and stolen articles?
- On Sunday, do the clocks go back or go forward?
1 October 31st 6 AIG 11 Cork 16 Rob Heffernan
2 Blue and red 7 Carrickshock and Clara 12 Jedward 17 Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, North Carolina
3 Michael Noonan 8 literature 13 James Reilly 18 Prince George
4 Italy 9 Campagne/Lady Helen at Mount Juliet 14 New South Wales 19 St. Anthony
5 budget 10 Mary Fitzgeralld 15 Micheál Martin 20 back