November News Quiz 2014
- What is the capital city of Denmark ?
- Ireland beat the Springboks in their first of the autumn international series. The Springboks are the national team of what country?
- Danny O'Donoghue, Mark Sheehan, and Glen Power make up what Irish pop rock band.?
- In what year did the Berlin Wall come down?
- What flower is worn as a lasting memorial to those who died in World War One?
- What club won this year’s Kilkenny Senior Hurling county final?
- Name the Tullaroan hurler who announced his retirement from inter county hurling, this month?
- What did Brian O’Briscoll and Amy Huberman name their new baby boy?
- Name the President of Ireland?.
- What is the title of the latest book in The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series?
- What newly formed company is responsible for the installation of water metres as well as providing water services throughout Ireland?
- Katie Taylor has won the world title at the AIBA Women's World Boxing Championships in Jeju, South Korea. How many world titles has Katie now won?
- Name the Chief Executive of the FAI?
- Who scored Ireland’s first try in their win over Australia?
- Who presented “The Late Late Toy Show”?
- On what day of the week do Americans celebrate Thanksgiving?
- Is Leo Varadkar the Minister for a) Sport b) The Gaeltacht c) Health?
- Who is the newly appointed Garda Commissioner?
- Who is the author of “Demon Dentist”, Gangsta Granny”, “Awful Auntie” among others?
- The lead singer with what band sustained multiple injuries, following a fall from his bicycle in Central Park, New York?
1 Copenhagen 6 Ballyhale/Shamrocks 11 Irish Water 16 Thursday
2 South Africa 7 Tommy Walsh 12 5 17 Health
3 The Script 8 Billy 13 John Delaney 18 Nóirín O Sullivan
4 1989 9 Michael D. Higgins 14 Simon Zebo 19 David Walliams
5 poppy 10 The Long Haul 15 Ryan Tubridy 20 U2