November News Quiz 2016
- Vienna is the capital city of what country?
- Ireland beat the All Blacks for the first time ever when they played each other in Chicago on November 5th 2016. The All Blacks are the national team of what country?
- What was the name of the stadium in Chicago in which Ireland defeated the All Blacks?
- In what county is Maynooth?
- What flower is worn as a lasting memorial to those who died in World War One?
- What club won this year’s Kilkenny Senior Hurling county final?
- Name the James Stephens’ hurler who announced his retirement from inter county hurling, this month?
- Who won the USA presidential election?
- What is the title of the latest book in The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series?
- What primary school won this year’s Girls’ Roinn A Gaelic Football title?
- Can you name this former Women's World Amateur Boxing Champion and Olympic gold medal winner who won her debut fight as a professional at the weekend?
- Is Nevin Maguire a) a chef b) a writer c) a professional rugby player?
- On what day of the week do Americans celebrate Thanksgiving?
- Who is the Minister for Health?
- His recently published novel, “Holding “, has made it into the Irish best sellers list. Can you name this TV chat show host?
- The makers of what chocolate bar faced a mountain of fury after making changes to its distinctive triangular chocolate chunks?
- Advent started on November 27th this year. How many Sundays are in Advent?
- Fidel Castro, who died at the weekend, was the leader of what country for 47 years?
- Two year old Neil Shanahan, who survived a fall from the sixth floor of a hotel earlier this year, switched on the Christmas lights in what city?
- A visit by the Pope to Ireland in 2018 has just been announced. What is the Pope’s name?
1 Austria 6 O’Loughlins 11 Katie Taylor 16 Toblerone
2 New Zealand 7 Jackie Tyrrell 12 chef 17 4
3 Soldier Field 8 Donald Trump 13 Thursday 18 Cuba
4 Kildare 9 Double Down 14 Simon Harris 19 Limerick
5 poppy 10 St. Canice’s 15 Graham Norton 20 Francis