October News Quiz 2014
- What is the capital city of Turkey?
- Filming for the latest “Star Wars” film took place on an island off the coast of Kerry. This island, a famous UNESCO World Heritage site is called a) Skellig Michael b) Skellig Brendan c) Skellig Colmcille?
- Who is the Minister for Finance?
- Who is the leader of the Labour Party?
- This deadly virus is raging havoc in West Africa with the number of cases increasing week by week. What is the name of this virus?
- This annually published “____ Book of World Records” is the primary international authority on the cataloguing and verification of a huge number of world records. What “G” word appears in the title of this book?
- Name the past pupil of our school who won an All-Ireland Senior medal with Kilkenny in September and who has been nominated for an All Star award?
- Who is the President of the G.A.A.?
- Who won the title of Ireland’s Tidiest Town 2014?
- Name the Thurles Hotel in which the G.A.A. was founded in 1884 ?.
- In what Italian city did George Clooney’s recent wedding take place ?
- Name the wildlife park just outside Cork city?
- Name the current pope?
- A string quartet from St. Canice’s featured on a recent airing of the T.V. programme “Abhainn”. What does the word “abhainn” mean in English?
- What was the score in Ireland’s Euro 2016 qualifier match against Germany?
- Who scored a hat-trick in Ireland’s Euro 2016 qualifier match against Gibraltar?
- In the Scottish independence referendum, did the Scots vote “Yes” or “No” to independence?
- To whom is Kate Middleton married?
- Who won this year’s Gaelic Football All-Ireland?
- On Sunday, do the clocks go back or go forward?
1 Ankarra 6 Guinness 11 Venice 16 Robbie Keane
2 (a) 7 Cillian Buckley 12 Fota 17 No
3 Michael Noonan 8 Liam O’Neill 13 Pope Francis 18 Prince William
4 Joan Burton 9 Kilkenny 14 river 19 Kerry
5 ebola 11 Hayes Hotel 15 1 -1 20 back