November News Quiz 2013
- What is the capital city of Spain?
- The Philippines was hit by a typhoon in October. Can you name the typhoon?
- What club won this year’s Kilkenny Senior county hurling final in Nowlan Park (sorry Mr. Crowley!)
- Who attempted to blow up the British Houses of Parliament on 5th November 1605?
- Who was the first president of Ireland?
- Listowel is in what county?
- In 1953 the last remaining islanders left this island and moved to the main land. What group of islands off the coast of Kerry was once home to many people including Irish writer Peig Sayers?
- What primary school won this year’s Roinn A county football final?
- What is the name of the latest book in the Wimpy Kid Series by Jeff Kinney?
- What is the name of the dance performed by the New Zealand rugby team prior to a match?
- In what city will The Bells of Shandon ring no more?
- Name the German Chancellor?
- How many Sundays in Advent?
- What former captain of the Irish soccer team has taken up the position of Assistant Manager to Martin O’Neill?
- At what age is an Irish citizen entitled to vote in an election?
- On what day of the week does “Thanksgiving” in America take place?
- Paul McGuinness retired as the manager of what famous Irish rock band?
- Name the president of America who was assassinated in Dallas on November 22nd 1963?
- This band played a concert in Dublin 50 years ago. They went on to be one of the most famous bands of all times, with hits such as “Yellow Submarine “ and “Yesterday”. Can you name it?
- Where do Ireland play their home internationals in rugby and soccer matches?
1 Madrid 6 Kerry 11 Cork 16 Thursday
2 Haiyan 7 Blaskets 12 Angela Merkel 17 U2
3 Clara 8 St Canice’s 13 4 18 J.F. Kennedy
4 Guy Fawkes 9 Hard Luck 14 Roy Keane 19 The Beatles
5 Douglas Hyde 10 Haka 15 18 20 AVIVA (accept Landsdowne Rd)