September News Quiz
- Name the poet and Nobel Laureate who died at the end of August and was buried in his native Derry earlier this month?
- Name the two teams that will contest this year’s All – Ireland hurling final on Saturday? (N.B. no half marks)
- The Dublin football team will be looking for new sponsors as their present arrangement draws to a close. Who has been their sponsor for the past four years?
- Who won this year’s camógie All –Ireland final?
- What is the capital city of Kenya?
- Who is the president of Ireland?
- This actress and singer played the leading character in the Disney television series, Hannah Montana? Can you name her?
- Shoppers in what Irish town, will stop using one and two cent coins over the next few weeks, in a trial that could see them removed from circulation nationwide?
- David Gillick has won gold at 400 metres in European Indoor Championship in 2005 and 2007. But off the track what celebrity competition did he win in August?
- How many days are there in the month of September?
- To whom did Brian O’Driscoll say, that he will not be sending a Christmas card this year?
- In what county did the ploughing championships take place this week?.
- The 2016 Olympics will be taking place in Rio de Janeiro. What city will host the 2020 Olympics?
- On what date in October 2013 does a referendum take place?
- Who sings the song “Wake Me Up”?
- At what age is an Irish citizen entitled to vote in an election or referendum?
- This very successful Kilkenny hurling manager, has announced that he intends to stay on as manager of the senior hurling team. Can you name him?
- What British boy band have recently made a movie about their lives as pop stars called “This is Us”?
- In what county is Bailieboro?
- What American singer performed with the E Street Band in Nowlan Park on Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th July 2013.
1 Seamas Heaney 6. Michael D. Higgins 11. Warren Gatland 16. Eighteen
2 Cork and Clare 7. Miley Cyrus 12. Laois 17. Brian Cody
3 Vodafone 8. Wexford 13. Tokyo 18. One Direction
4. Galway 9. Celebrity Masterchef 14. October 4th 19. Cavan
5 Nairobi 10. Thirty 15. Avicci 20 Bruce Springstein
Do you know who this rugby player is?